- Public Works
- Trash & Recycling
- Household Hazardous Wastes
Household Hazardous and Electronics Waste
Electronics Waste Disposal
The Chester County Solid Waste Authority is accepting some electronics at this time at the Lanchester Landfill. Be prepared to unload your own items. ID with address in Lanchester Landfill service area required. Households only - no businesses or contractors.
- Maximum of three (3) TVs or computer monitors per household (NO PROJECTION TVs) are accepted.
- Small Electronics on this list are accepted.
Lanchester Landfill is located at 7224 Division Highway (Route 322W, Honey Brook) Narvon, PA 17555.
For additional electronics waste disposal options, visit The Chester County Solid Waste Authority website.
Household Hazardous Waste
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) is NOT accepted at the Lanchester Landfill. HHW collection events are held throughout Chester County each year. Visit the Chester County Solid Waste Authority link below for collection dates and locations throughout the Region. Registration Required.
2023 Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events- Chester County Solid Waste Authority
2023 Planned Dates/Locations of HHW Collection (Online Registration Required Click Here):
- April 22, 2023 Technical College High School - Pickering Campus, 1580 Charlestown Road, Phoenixville PA 19460
- June 23, 2023 (Friday) Coatesville Learning Center, 1635 East Lincoln Highway, Coatesville PA 19320
- (stone walled entrance - Veteran's Drive - same entrance as CAT Brandywine - Route 30 across from Dairy Queen)
- August 26, 2023 Oxford School District Administration Building, 125 Bell Tower Lane, Oxford PA 19363
- October 7, 2023 Government Services Center, 601 Westtown Rd., West Chester PA 19380
What is Household Hazardous Waste?
Products labeled with the following identifying words are HHWs and should only be disposed of at HHW collection events:
Materials not accepted at HHW collection events include:
|Appliances||Latex (water-based) paint||Unidentified Waste|
|Explosives||Radioactive Waste||Used motor oil|
Compact Fluorescent (CFL) Bulbs and Fluorescent Tubes
Bring single bulbs and 4-foot or smaller tubes to any Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) event. If a HHW event is not available, seal the bulb/tube in 2 plastic bags with a twist tie or tape shut and place it in the trash.
CFL bulbs can also be taken to the following stores or the Chester County Solid Waste Authority, for disposal:
Ace Hardware, Home Depot, IKEA (Ridge Pike-Conshohocken), Lowes, True Value.
Large quantities or businesses can contact Recyclelights.com in Wayne, PA @ 888-296-0700 www.recyclelights.com or Supreme Asset Management & Recovery in Lakewood, NJ @ 866-509-7267
Local HHW and E-Waste collection is sponsored by:
- Chester County Board of Commissioners
- Chester County Solid Waste Authority
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
- Southeastern Chester County Refuse Authority
- Upper Uwchlan Township and other participating municipalities