Household Hazardous and Electronics Waste
Electronics Waste Disposal
The Chester County Solid Waste Authority - Lanchester Landfill is accepting television/electronics at this time - LIMIT 3 - no fee. Be prepared to unload your own items.
Lanchester Landfill: 7224 Division Highway (Route 322W, Honey Brook) Narvon, PA 17555
For additional electronics waste disposal options, visit The Chester County Solid Waste Authority website.
Household Hazardous Waste
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) is NOT accepted at the Lanchester Landfill. HHW collection events are held throughout Chester County each year. Visit the Chester County Solid Waste Authority link below for collection dates and locations throughout the Region.
Planned Collection Event Dates and locations:
- April 10, 2021 - Government Services Center, West Chester
- June 25, 2021 - CCIU Center, 1635 E. Lincoln Hwy., Coatesville
- August 28, 2021 - Oxford School District Admin. Bldg., 125 Bell Tower Lane, Lower Oxford
- October 9, 2021 - Government Services Center, 601 Westtown Rd., West Chester
What is Household Hazardous Waste?
Products labeled with the following identifying words are HHWs and should only be disposed of at HHW collection events:
Materials not accepted at HHW collection events include:
|Appliances||Latex (water-based) paint||Unidentified Waste|
|Explosives||Radioactive||Used motor oil|
Compact Fluorescent (CFL) Bulbs and Fluorescent Tubes
Bring single bulbs and 4-foot or smaller tubes to any Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) event. If a HHW event is not available, seal the bulb/tube in 2 plastic bags with a twist tie or tape shut and place it in the trash.
CFL bulbs can also be taken to the following stores or the Chester County Solid Waste Authority, for disposal:
Ace Hardware, Home Depot, IKEA (Ridge Pike-Conshohocken), Lowes, True Value.
Large quantities or businesses can contact Recyclelights.com in Wayne, PA @ 888-296-0700 www.recyclelights.com or Supreme Asset Management & Recovery in Lakewood, NJ @ 866-509-7267
Local HHW and E-Waste collection is sponsored by:
- Chester County Board of Commissioners
- Chester County Solid Waste Authority
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
- Southeastern Chester County Refuse Authority
- Upper Uwchlan Township and other participating municipalities