The Board of Supervisors delegates advisory responsibilities to the Council in Chapter 14 of the Upper Uwchlan Township Code.
The Council shall have the power to:
- Identify environmental issues and recommend plans and programs to the appropriate municipal agencies for the promotion and conservation of natural resources and for the protection and improvement of the quality of the environment within its territorial limits.
- Make recommendations for the use of open land areas.
- Promote a community environmental program.
- Keep an index of all open space, publicly or privately owned, including flood-prone areas, swamps and other unique natural areas, for the purpose of obtaining information on the proper use of those areas.
- Advise the appropriate local government agencies, including the Planning Commission, Park and Recreation Board and the Board of Supervisors, on the acquisition of property, both real and personal.